none
Hotel is in the wrong location RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I bumped into a problem, that I've been reporting for months on Bing Maps via Feedback, however still no results.

When search for the Hilton Dubai The Walk the address is correct, but the pin location of the hotel is wrong. If try to use Directions from Dubai International Airport, it leads me again to the wrong location. Reported the pin to be moved to the right coordinates of the hotel(25,078442, 55,134782) numerous times via "Send Feedback/ Hilton Dubai The Walk is in the wrong location" because actually it's pretty far. However nothing happened. 

Could you help me in updating the correct location? 

Thank you in advance!

Kind Regards,

Val

• Edited by Val Getova Wednesday, January 17, 2018 12:11 PM
    Wednesday, January 17, 2018 12:10 PM

Answers

• It looks like the data provider for this data is foursquare. Checking foursquare it looks like they may have an updated location. I have asked our data team to look into this. 

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

• Marked as answer by Val Getova Friday, January 19, 2018 8:56 AM
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 5:43 PM

All replies

• I believe the issue is that  geocoders for most countries interpolate the position of addresses based on the known address numbers at intersections. In this case the hotel is showing up on the right road, about a half a KM from the actual location. This is well within the margin of error for address geocoders in many countries. 

If you work for Hilton, instead of using the feedback button, use http://bingplaces.com and claim your businesses. This will allow you to edit and update all Hilton locations and data that show up through all Bing and Cortana interfaces.

• Proposed as answer by Ricky_Brundritt Wednesday, January 17, 2018 10:24 PM
    Wednesday, January 17, 2018 10:24 PM
  • Hello Ricky,

Unfortunately UAE is not among the supported countries in Bing Places Dashboard, so the business can't be claimed. The only way to update the actual location is to report via feedback button. Is there anything that could be done more in order to fix the problem?

Regards,

Valentina

Thursday, January 18, 2018 2:31 PM
  • It looks like the data provider for this data is foursquare. Checking foursquare it looks like they may have an updated location. I have asked our data team to look into this. 

• Marked as answer by Val Getova Friday, January 19, 2018 8:56 AM
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 5:43 PM
  • Hey Ricky,

I'm delighted to confirm that the pin location of Hilton Dubai The Walk is already moved to the correct coordinates on Bing Maps. Thank you for taking the time to look into this and assist promptly.

Wishing you a productive day ahead.

All the best,

Valentina

Friday, January 19, 2018 8:55 AM
  • Yes, the team put an override in our system for this location as we wait for the data provider to update their data.

Saturday, January 20, 2018 3:14 AM