Does Win8 support panoramic apps?

Question

• I keep hearing that the new Metro UI in Windows 8 is a lot like the WP7 UI.  But most WP7's use panoramic UIs.  So far, none of the demos I've seen of the new Win8 apps are panoramic. 

Has Microsoft made the conscious decision to drop the panoramic metaphor?  Or is just something Microsoft plans to add, but it's not in the developer preview?

Sunday, September 18, 2011 9:45 PM

Answers

• I-DotNET,

You can follow the building of the operating system on the following blog http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/.

Thanks,

Chris
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 6:13 PM
  • We cannot make statements regarding components that may or may not be in the release of the Windows Developer Preview as we don't know what will be included.

You are always welcome to use the Feedback Tool to send comments and concerns on the next version.
    You also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

Thanks,

Marilyn
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 6:44 PM

All replies

• I-DotNET,

You can follow the building of the operating system on the following blog http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/.

Thanks,

Chris
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 6:13 PM
  • I think Windows 8's UI while having a similar visual aesthetic to WP7, is actually quite different.
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 2:49 AM
  • See my comment on this thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/064825b8-2bb5-4073-aef9-e11a92c0beda

It seems all best features of WP7 are removed from W8 :(

Sunday, October 30, 2011 5:43 AM
  • We cannot make statements regarding components that may or may not be in the release of the Windows Developer Preview as we don't know what will be included.

You are always welcome to use the Feedback Tool to send comments and concerns on the next version.
    You also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

Thanks,

Marilyn
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 6:44 PM