none
Access Print Preview Font Change RRS feed

• Question

• I have reports in access 2016 that in report view are in the format and fonts that I have setup in design view. When I do a print preview or convert them to pdf fonts change to some very undesirable and illegible fonts as the images below. Sorry can't reveal more. Any ideas or work arounds?

Monday, April 24, 2017 5:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Deepak,

Thank you for giving it a shot. I resolved the issue through a very unexpected channel. As I was trying a number of different solutions, I realized I didn’t have a default printer. As soon as I picked one of the existing printers as default, the issue was resolved. I tested it multiple times on a few different devices in my company and got the same result every time. Without a default printer I get the same strange looking fonts on my Access print views and they go away as soon as I set up a default printer. This only happens in Access and I could not replicate the same issue in MS Word or Excel. Thanks for trying again.

Ebbie

Thursday, April 27, 2017 3:37 PM

All replies

• Hi eganji,

I try to test the issue on my machine.

below is the result I got.

in Design view:

in Print Preview.

on my side it is working properly. I try to make a test with multiple fonts and the result is same.

I try to search further in this issue.

I find that other user also had a complain like this.

Access 2016 Report font Print Preview Issue

so we can say that this issue is there in Access 2016 but I am not able to reproduce the issue.

I want to suggest you to try to update the MS Office with latest updates.

then try to check the print preview whether it solves the issue or not.

let me know about your testing results.

also try to submit the feedback to Access User Voice regarding this issue.

Welcome to Access Suggestion Box!

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 27, 2017 7:49 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

Thank you for giving it a shot. I resolved the issue through a very unexpected channel. As I was trying a number of different solutions, I realized I didn’t have a default printer. As soon as I picked one of the existing printers as default, the issue was resolved. I tested it multiple times on a few different devices in my company and got the same result every time. Without a default printer I get the same strange looking fonts on my Access print views and they go away as soon as I set up a default printer. This only happens in Access and I could not replicate the same issue in MS Word or Excel. Thanks for trying again.

Ebbie

Thursday, April 27, 2017 3:37 PM
  • Hi eganji,

I can see that you had found the root cause for the issue and your issue has been resolved now.

the thread is still open.

I suggest you to mark your last post as an answer.

so that it will help other community members who face the same issue.

also it will help us to close this thread on our side.

if you do not mark the answer then thread will be remain open and we are not able to close it.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 28, 2017 1:06 AM