Metro style for website

Question

• Hello,

I would like to build a metro-style website. In VS 2012 there is only a "Windows Metro style" template, and I am wondering why there isn't a "Web metro style" one. And if I have already made a W8 metro app with HTML5 and Javascript, what would be a way to create a website very similar to this app?

Many thanks for any feedback

Monday, June 25, 2012 1:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Giorgio,

As you have already noted, Windows 8 development is concentrated around apps not websites.  It would be up to you to develop your WebSite with the appropriate styles if you wanted to create something similar.  There is no help provided by Microsoft to that end however.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Monday, June 25, 2012 4:22 PM
  • That feature allows a web site to link to a Metro style app so the user can launch the app or go to the store to purchase the app directly from the web site. It doesn't run the app within the browser.

--Rob

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:41 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Giorgio,

As you have already noted, Windows 8 development is concentrated around apps not websites.  It would be up to you to develop your WebSite with the appropriate styles if you wanted to create something similar.  There is no help provided by Microsoft to that end however.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Monday, June 25, 2012 4:22 PM
  • Thanks a lot for your answer. However, I found this article and video:

Ie10 connection to metro style apps

Does this mean that a Windows 8 metro style app will be visible in IE10? So that I can easily build a site that reflects the behaviour of a Windows app?

Best regards,

Giorgio

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 4:22 PM
  • That feature allows a web site to link to a Metro style app so the user can launch the app or go to the store to purchase the app directly from the web site. It doesn't run the app within the browser.

--Rob

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:41 PM
    Owner