none
Any chance for "apps for office" support Office Mobile (Ipad, Android, WP...) ? RRS feed

• Question

• Apps for Office will provide ways to target Office Mobile ?

Xamarin is a part of dotnetfoundation.

Apps for Office is based on HTML, Javascript... 

I didn't manage to find any information about a roadmap, do I have reason to hope?

Thx

Saturday, April 12, 2014 2:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Apps for Office supports Access app for SharePoint | Excel 2013 | Excel 2013 SP1 | Excel Online | Exchange Online | Exchange Server 2013 | Exchange Server 2013 SP1 | Outlook 2013 | Outlook 2013 SP1 | Outlook Web App | OWA for Devices | PowerPoint 2013 | PowerPoint 2013 SP1 | PowerPoint Online | Project 2013 SP1 | Project Professional 2013 | Word 2013 | Word 2013 SP1.

At present, apps for Office doesn’t support Office mobile. I suggest you submitting the feedback from link below, if you want Office to support this feature in the further version:

Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 14, 2014 9:47 AM
  • Mail apps from apps for office ARE supported on mobile devices. The same mail app can run on Outlook desktop client, Outlook Web App and OWA for iPhone, iPad and Android apps.
    Wednesday, April 23, 2014 11:51 PM
  • Not word excel apps for ipad. Does the office team know this? How do you test?
    Monday, June 23, 2014 4:09 AM
  • Hi Cfwoods,

On the iPad: you can run task pane and content apps on Excel Online or PowerPoint Online on Safari. Office for iPad (Excel, PowerPoint, Word apps) doesn't yet support apps for Office.

Also on the iPad: as Andrew mentioned, you can run mail apps on OWA for iPad (the native iPad app), or on OWA on Safari.

You can find related info in the Software and Device Requirements section, and Table 1 of the Overview of apps for Office article.

Cheers,

Angelgolfer

Senior Content Developer

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:54 AM
    Answerer