windows 8 with hp pavilion g6-1156se

Question

• I've installed windows 8 on my hp pavilion g6-1156se on a 40 gigabytes partition I also have windows 7 on another partition it reached the part in the installation where it said "getting devices ready 77%" and then the screen just went blank, now whenever I start my computer it just blanks before the boot loader shows up, I believe this is caused by a hardware issue namely the graphics card.

So I directed my mobile light on the screen of my lap, I found windows worked correctly but the light of screen turned off.

I entered my inf. And start windows by my mobile light, run the driver of my graphic card, on the middle of installation the light of screen started turned on and off and finally worked.

But when I just restart windows the problem turned back and found that I have to reinstall the driver again, after I do that for 3 or 4 times, the screen start flashing light on and off and never stopped and it makes me reinstall windows 8 again …. This problem happened with windows 8 86x and 64x.

and here are my specs:
    Intel core i5-2410M sandy bridge
    320 GB 5200 rpm hard drive
    3 GB DDR3 SDRAM
    AMD Radeon 6470M graphics card
    Intel HD 3000 family chipset

Friday, October 28, 2011 3:46 PM

Answers

• Mr. Chris

I tried your suggestion but it wasn't effective. But I tried another solution by disabling the Intel HD 3000 family chipset graphics card , work only with AMD Radeon 6470M graphics card and I restarted windows. It's now working normally and the problem finished.

Thanks for your help.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 1:25 PM

All replies

• ZorroAstor,

Sorry to hear about your problems, are you able to boot into Windows Developer Preview?  If so then have you tried installing the driver in compatibly mode?

You can do this by following the below instructions:

·         Enter the Start screen

·         Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section

·         Select Search

·         Type Compatibility

·         Click Settings in the right column

·         Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

·         Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver.

Please post back with your results.

Thanks,

Chris
    Saturday, October 29, 2011 4:13 PM
  • Mr. Chris

Thanks for replying .. I'll try and post back the result

Saturday, November 5, 2011 2:46 AM
  • Mr. Chris

I tried your suggestion but it wasn't effective. But I tried another solution by disabling the Intel HD 3000 family chipset graphics card , work only with AMD Radeon 6470M graphics card and I restarted windows. It's now working normally and the problem finished.

Thanks for your help.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011 1:25 PM
  • Thanks for the update ZorroAstor!
    Steven
    Monday, November 14, 2011 9:23 PM