none
Word Add-in - handle RTF / doc files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

So I am developing an Add-In for Word.

As I open a rtf file, addin doesn't work. Is there any chance to handle rtf file in addin in such a way to make an addin working?

Thanks!

Monday, March 16, 2020 8:10 PM

All replies

• What sort of Add-In? 

If it's an Office API add-in where you use Javascript/Typescript, you should look in StackOverflow (www.stackoverflow.com) - please make sure you read their material about how to ask a question before posting there.

If it's something like a COM add-in, can you spell out what is going wrong, e.g. you open the .rtf file, and then what?

Peter Jamieson

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 8:35 AM
  • 
    Hey, 

thanks for your reply.

if you have the plugin installed and you open the document doc or rtf the word is in compatible mode and you cannot run the plugin (The plug is gray and there is a compatibility mode inscription).

It works fine if it's docx file.

It is a simple Word task pane add-in:
    link to (Build your first Word task pane add-in)

In the Insert Tab Get Add-ins and My Add-ins are not available to click, as the Word is in Compatibility Mode. So I can edit the text in this rtf file, but I cannot use my addin.

Thanks!!

(I cannot attach the print screen as my profile is not verified and I don't know how to verify it? )
    Tuesday, March 17, 2020 9:24 AM
  • Yes, this is a JavaScript/TypeScript addin - Microsoft have indicated that support for that technology is via StackOverflow, so I suggest you look and ask there. (I believe the correct tag is [office-js]. I had a quick look for a similar question to yours but didn't find anything, sorry!). 

Peter Jamieson

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 9:37 AM
  • Thank you Peter!
    Tuesday, March 17, 2020 9:48 AM