ActiveSync provider Sync Settings reports "No settings are available for this item" RRS feed

• Question

• I have been tasked to fix a problem with WMDC against a WM6 emulator device. When selecting the Sync Settings for the provider, the message"No settings are available for this item" is displayed. The provider implements IReplStore and the settings dialog displays on WinXP with ActiveSync and on WMDC with WM5 and earlier devices. I have done a research but have not found anything concrete. Debugging this shows that the IReplStore::Initialize() is invoked on WinXP  but not on the Vista environment setup to investigate the problem. I am at loss at this stage and am looking for pointers or tips that might allow me to regain traction on addressing this issue.

Thanks in advance

Thursday, April 22, 2010 2:53 AM

All replies

• I have been investigating an issue with an ActiveSync provider. I have not had much luck trying to isolate the cause so I starting to look at the WM6 SDK "ActiveSync Stock Portfolio" sample. Unfortunately, the sample shows the same behaviour. I have setup the sample as per the ReadMe file and can sync. On WinXP (SP3), I can select the "Sync Settings" for the provider and it opens the settings dialog for the provider. On Vista ( or I guess more specifically, Windows Mobile Device Center", the message

"No settings are available for this item"

is displayed and the Sync Settings link is no longer displayed.

Steps to Repro

1) Configure sample as per readme file on Vista or Windows 7 (i.e., with Windows Mobile Device Center) with a Windows Mobile 6 device/emulator (WM5 seems to work)

2) Re-cradle the device to finish the install

3) In WMDC, expand Mobile Device Settings

4) Expand "Change content sync settings"

5) Check Stock

6) Click the Stock "Sync settings" link

7) The message "No settings are available for this item" is displayed. It should open the Settings dialog.

Thanks for any help/suggestions on this issue.

-chris

• Merged by warrentang Wednesday, April 28, 2010 7:38 AM duplicate
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 4:58 AM