none
Storing certificates into Trusted Root Certification Authority programmatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
            I have a client certificate(.pfx PKCS12 file) and I want to put that in  Trusted Root Certification Authority. I can always right click on certificate and say install, but I want to do that in programmatic way. How can do this programmatically ? I tried overriding RemoteCertificateValidationCallback(CertificateValidationCallback), that seemed to work for allowing client's certificate on server(by returning true), but this is not working in same way for allowing server's certificate on Client side, just by returning true from that callback routine in client program. Still it say remote i.e. server's certificate is null.

Thanks in advance,
    Swapnil
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:09 PM Forum Consolidate (From:Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) - Threat Modeling)
    Monday, December 21, 2009 9:08 AM

Answers

• Hey Swapnil,

As mentioned in the other discussion thread, this forum is focued on the discussion of Microsoft's SDL and the Threat Modeling tool. You should ask these type of questions in a more appropriate forum. If you cannot find help there, you can always open a case with Microsoft Dev CSS, who could better serve your needs. When talking about programmatically altering the root CA store, you want to do this right; engage with the experts who can help you do this safely.

Regards,
    Dana
    Monday, December 21, 2009 9:29 PM