Play YouTube Videos on Windows Mobile through Code RRS feed

All replies

• First you need to find a flash player that are capable of playing the FLV file. Some devices come with a flash player while some does not. This OEM dependent. You can ask about it in the Adobe's forums or in the Windows Mobile forum:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsmobile/

Once you have installed the flash player, you can play the flv file using the Process.Start method:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssmartdevicesvbcs/thread/4f5eef76-cd34-4fc1-a81d-b70621222684/ 

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    Friday, November 27, 2009 9:32 AM
  • Hi, Chunsheng Tang,

Thanks for the reply.

Let me clear my requirement.

1. I have a URL at which Video is available.
    2. I need to play video available at that URL.
    3. As per My knowledge, I can directly feed that URL to put_URL method of WMP API , if the file type is supported , or alternatively, I can stream the video and play locally using some player that supports that file type. Please correct me if I m wrong. Feel free to throw in some alternatives.

Now the first approach will not work since WM player does not support FLV files and most of the videos available online are FLV videos.

So I am left with the second approach, in which I need to stream the video and then play it locally..

Now to strean the Video, I came across DirectShow component but it looks very huge and puzzling to me since not very clear explanation is available on MSDN.

Now My question is,

1. Does put_URL method of WMP do automatic streaming if the file being streamed is supported in WMP?
    2. Are there any other ways to stream the video other than DirectShow?

I am fine with any types of Videos. My requirement is to play online video, either directly or by streaming. Videos I need to play are of very small size not exceeding 800 KB's mostly.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks again,

Regards,
    Himanshu
    Monday, November 30, 2009 5:58 AM