none
I just activated continuous export for AI. How do I make sure that my 90 days of history does not get lost?

Question

• Currently we process our data using PowerBI via exported analytics queries. This has the drawback of only showing data from the last 90 days, as AI only keeps data for that range.

We activated continuous export for AI, so all new data from now on will be exported to a storage account. We'll switch PowerBI to process it through stream analytics, however, we also want to keep old (90 days) data and show it in PowerBI.

Is there a way to export all currently kept data from AI to a storage account?

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 11:28 AM

All replies

• Hello Derence,

It is true that you only get data that arrives after you create the Continuous export. Having said that, there still are a few alternatives you might want to consider to export current data from Application Insights:

• The Export button at the top of a metrics or search blade lets you transfer specific tables and charts to an Excel spreadsheet.
    • Analytics provides a powerful query language for telemetry. It can also export results.
    • The Data access REST API lets you access your telemetry programmatically.

You can then manually import/upload this data into Azure Storage to retain it. Hope this helps!

Friday, February 15, 2019 7:07 PM
  • Hello Derence,

Have you had a chance to check if any of the above options help? Please let us know otherwise and we'll be happy to assist you!

Monday, March 18, 2019 6:00 AM
  • Hello Derence,

Have you had a chance to check if any of the above options help? Please let us know otherwise and we'll be happy to assist you!

Sunday, March 31, 2019 6:04 AM
  • Hello Derence,

Let us know if there is anything else related to this thread that we can assist you with, else please feel free to mark and close this out if any of the above responses have been of help! Thanks again for reaching out!

Sunday, March 31, 2019 6:50 AM