none
MSB8036: The Windows SDK version 0x0A00 was not found.

Question

• Hi all,

I'm using Visual studio professional 2015 with WDK 10 in Windows 7. Whenever i am trying to build my project i am getting the following error as The windows SDK version 0X0A00 was not found. Install required version of windows SDK. I tried installing SDK version 10 but it didnt work. Later I installed all the sdk versions but the error didnt got solved. Please help me how to solve this error and also what is the SDK 0X0A00 version relates to.

Monday, May 23, 2016 9:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Pavan_Kota,

>>I'm using Visual studio professional 2015 with WDK 10 in Windows 7. Whenever i am trying to build my project i am getting the following error as The windows SDK version 0X0A00 was not found. Install required version of windows SDK.

We could install the VS2015 in the windows 7 machine, but it doesn't mean that we could create/run all project types of VS2015.

One important issue is that which kind of app you create/build in your side.

For example, if you run the Windows 10/8.1(uwp or Store apps), as far as I know, they don't support the windows 7. So please make sure that your Environment really supports the project firstly.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 10:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Pavan,

Thank you for your post.

>>Install required version of windows SDK.

Since your OS is Win 7, please install Windows SDK for Windows 7 from the following link:https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=3138

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 2:18 AM
  • Hi Lana Xu,

I tried installing the SDK from the link you mentioned. But it didn't solve the issue.

Regards Pavan

Friday, May 27, 2016 5:55 AM
  • Hi Pavan,

The error information shows that you missed installing Windows SDK.

Except this one, did you check you Windows update?

If not, please check all of them and make sure they are all patched up.

Best Regards,

Friday, May 27, 2016 6:10 AM
  • Hi Pavan_Kota,

>>I'm using Visual studio professional 2015 with WDK 10 in Windows 7. Whenever i am trying to build my project i am getting the following error as The windows SDK version 0X0A00 was not found. Install required version of windows SDK.

We could install the VS2015 in the windows 7 machine, but it doesn't mean that we could create/run all project types of VS2015.

One important issue is that which kind of app you create/build in your side.

For example, if you run the Windows 10/8.1(uwp or Store apps), as far as I know, they don't support the windows 7. So please make sure that your Environment really supports the project firstly.

Best Regards,

Jack

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 10:35 AM