none
How to manage resource's departments changes on Project Server 2010? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Can I manage resource's department change on Project Server 2010?

I set Department lookup table as our company organization, and set per resource departments.

Some resources has transfered from a department to another. Now I can't report resource utilization on old departments, so all efforts reports on new department. I want to report resource's utilization by department.

Exam;

A resource worked/is working different department in different time period;

1 Feb - 28 Jan 2013 on ITS department,

1 March -30 April 2013 on FTA department,

1 May - ... on SAG department.

Now! I want to report resource's utilization each time period with department.

1 Feb - 28 Jan 2013 on ITS department,

1 March-30 April 2013 on FTA department,

1 May - ... on SAG department.

Thanks.

Hıdır

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Hıdır,

there is no real out of the box solution for that.

The only possibility I know of without development is to create three resources for that. Each of them configured with the correct RBS node and the availability set on timephased level via Project Professional if perhaps from 1 August 2013 he will work again on ITS department.

Assuming of course that he will get new assignments to work on when he starts in another department what will probably be the case.

The user account you will have to set manually on the current resource.

Hope that helps

Regards

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCSE, MCT | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Hıdır,

there is no real out of the box solution for that.

The only possibility I know of without development is to create three resources for that. Each of them configured with the correct RBS node and the availability set on timephased level via Project Professional if perhaps from 1 August 2013 he will work again on ITS department.

Assuming of course that he will get new assignments to work on when he starts in another department what will probably be the case.

The user account you will have to set manually on the current resource.

Hope that helps

Regards

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCSE, MCT | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:00 AM
  • Thanks Christoph,

I will evaluate this on test server. But, I configured our app server with claims based authentication. There are two type users, windows and asp.net. I have been getting windows users from DC with Active Directory Syncronization. Do you know any disadvantage?

Regards

Hıdır

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1:55 PM