none
Linq to SQL classes on expanding... RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have never run into this problem before.  I have a Linq to SQL database context that I am trying to perform some very simple queries on.  For some reason, the table objects Intellisense will not expand.  Here is a simple example.

MydbDataContext db = new MydbDataContext(connectionstring);
    db.CommandTimeout = 0;

var something = from mt in db.MyTable
                          where mt.
    At this point you would expect Intellisense to expand the mt. range variable with all of the columns in this table.  However it does not.  And this is true for every table in this DataContext.

What could possibly be the cause of this.  The only clue I have is that when I put my mouse over the mt range variable it says "(range variable) ? mt".  This question mark is not present in the other DataContexts I have used in other projects.

Can anyone point my in the right direction? 

At this point
    • Changed type Yichun_Feng Monday, September 7, 2009 1:53 AM Don't follow up with some details
    Monday, August 31, 2009 6:07 PM

All replies

• Hi MPhillips1982,

Do you define the class that maps the table manually?

If it is, you can save the class file first. If it still can’t be intellisensed, you can build the project.

Does this works for you? If you have any questions or concerns, please update the thread and we will have a further discussion.

Best Regards

Yichun Feng

Wednesday, September 2, 2009 7:26 AM
  • Hi MPhillips1982,

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Best Regards

Yichun Feng

Monday, September 7, 2009 1:52 AM