none
Adapter pack 2.0 Biztalk 2009 and Windows server 2008 R2 (Sap Adapter) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am installing the adapter pack 2.0 in Biztalk 2009 on Windows 2008 R2 server x64.

1. install the WCF LOB SDK SP2
    2. Copyed THE .dll form the SAP RFC DSK 7.10 unicode I got form services.sap.com
    3. Ran R3DLLInst
    4. Installed Vcredist_x64 and vcedist_x86
    5. Installed AdapterPack2.0

At first nothing visable happend but after I found posting that said I had to install both x32 and x64 bit Adapter pack I was able to configure a new SAP adapter.
    But when I create a new send port of the type SAP and press the configure button I get the Error

The specified module could not be found (Microsoft.Adapters.SAP)

This module is listed in the assembly

I beleave that I have followed the installation guide 100% but the only thing that is odd is that in the SAP RFC DSK 7.10 Unicode SAR file there is only one .dll in the bin directory but the installation guide states that I should copy "all" the files tho the windows\syswow64 dir og system32 dir.
    And here http://blogs.msdn.com/adapters/archive/2007/10/07/obtaining-the-rfc-sdk-unicode-libraries-from-sap-service-marketplace.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage he is saying that there should be 6 files.

And I can not find a 32 bit version of this SAR file. - But I am running on a 64 bit OS

Does any one have this working?
    Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Tia Svavar Kvaran
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 12:54 PM

Answers

• Thank you Jeevitha this solved my problem.

Late last night i thought that it would not hurt to download the "Windows server with IA32" package and install the .dll from that package. Although I thouht that by calling it "IA" it was designed for itaninum architechture.

Still the \bin dir contains only one .dll file but it is the right one. So my life continues :=)

Thank again Svavar
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 3:48 PM

All replies

• Though you are running on a 64 bit OS, the MMC runs as a 32 bit process and it needs 32 bit Adapter pack and sap client dlls. You can find the 32 bit Sap RFC SDK dlls in service.sap.com itself (you will find a link for Windows server with IA32 bit).

The 32 bit SAP RFC SDK dlls should go to syswow64 and the 64 bit dlls should be copied to system32.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
    Jeevitha
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 5:06 PM
  • Thank you Jeevitha this solved my problem.

Late last night i thought that it would not hurt to download the "Windows server with IA32" package and install the .dll from that package. Although I thouht that by calling it "IA" it was designed for itaninum architechture.

Still the \bin dir contains only one .dll file but it is the right one. So my life continues :=)

Thank again Svavar
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 3:48 PM