none
CLR Performance Improvement RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

I have develop one product it is in window application (C#.net & Sql server 2005) .net 2.0 Framework the total product size is 54.4 MB

but iam having a critical issue from client the product which i have developed has performance issue, but my program is 100% structure programming but still it is take hardly 2 to 4 minutes to load the form in Desktop, it the problem of memory leakage or memory overflow

i am little bit confuse wat is the solutions for this problem,how can improve the performance of application to work more faster in

Software is used to develop my product is

1. VS.NET 2005 (C#.NET) + WCF 3.0

2.Back End : SQL SERVER 2005

3. Smart Client & Enterprises Library 2006

this following software i am using in product development still i am having performance problem how can i solve this problem please give me suggestion

Orcas

Friday, April 4, 2008 5:04 AM

Answers

• Hi Orcas,

Most likely start-up performance decrease is introduced by memory leaks or JIT-ting.

I. I suggest you to use memory profilers to examine possible memory leaks.

II. Regarding JIT-ing:

You have two options:

1. You can use Native Image Generator tool (ngen.exe) to create precompiled image of your smart client app.

2. You can perform dynamic precompilation during splash screen or user log-in process.

Friday, April 4, 2008 8:07 AM
  • Start application, put breakpoint in some line at the beggining of application and go step by step
    with F10, and identify which line of code create time lag. Then you will know on what to focus and
    repair,

greet
    Friday, April 4, 2008 1:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Orcas,

Most likely start-up performance decrease is introduced by memory leaks or JIT-ting.

I. I suggest you to use memory profilers to examine possible memory leaks.

II. Regarding JIT-ing:

You have two options:

1. You can use Native Image Generator tool (ngen.exe) to create precompiled image of your smart client app.

2. You can perform dynamic precompilation during splash screen or user log-in process.

Friday, April 4, 2008 8:07 AM
  • Start application, put breakpoint in some line at the beggining of application and go step by step
    with F10, and identify which line of code create time lag. Then you will know on what to focus and
    repair,

greet
    Friday, April 4, 2008 1:46 PM