none
Entity Framework wizard skippping database connection step RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating a Silverlight LOB application. I am adding the database model per the entity Framework wizard and for some reason when I click next after The Generate database step, the wizars skips to the finish step. What could be the cause.

THanks

akoranteng
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 6:03 PM

Answers

• Hi akorangteng,

I've run into this before too.  What probably happened is there is a connection string in the web.config or app.config and the EDMX is using it.  Go and comment out the connection string and then try again.  You might have to close your solution and then reopen it.  

Tom Overton
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 10:28 PM

All replies

• Hi akorangteng,

I've run into this before too.  What probably happened is there is a connection string in the web.config or app.config and the EDMX is using it.  Go and comment out the connection string and then try again.  You might have to close your solution and then reopen it.  

Tom Overton
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 10:28 PM
  • Hi,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestions?

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Have a nice day.

Alan Chen[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:59 AM