none
Run multiple test agent, but only see one test agent under virtual user activity chart details RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm new for this load test and using VS2010.

I create 120 webtest script, 1 load test script, set max user load:1000 and using test model: based on total number of test. I configure one test controller and two test agent (A and B).

Then i run load test for 5 minute just to make sure everything was ok but i found on test result details the number of virtual users show only 500 virtual user from test agent A not 1000 as i expected.

Please help me,

1. How to make sure virtual user activity chart include test agent B in the chart?
    2. How to know the total number of webtest script run for one virtual user?

Really appreciated for your help, Thank you

• Edited by NadiaDeqmin Tuesday, October 13, 2015 7:11 AM
    Monday, October 12, 2015 7:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi NadiaDeqmin,

>>How to make sure virtual user activity chart include test agent B in the chart?

>>Then i run load test for 5 minute just to make sure everything was ok.

If you run your load test for a long time, how about the result? As you said that there are 1000 v-user in your load test, but just 500 v-users was called, maybe the time is short for all tests to run in 5 mins. Maybe you could run it for 15 mins or 30 mins.

>>How to know the total number of webtest script run for one virtual user?

I think we could think about this issue after we resolve the first issue, since if all v-users are called, it would share us the v-users ID in the Virtual User Activity Chart for every v-user.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/edglas/archive/2009/10/19/using-the-virtual-user-activity-chart-to-understand-the-vs-load-engine.aspx

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 10:25 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Even though i run 5 minute or 30 minute the virtual activity chart only show 500 user not 1000 user.

But when i look on Page results in Summary tab it show each test count is twice from test results for same test name. Does virtual activity chart only show on one server activity, not showing both at the same time?

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 3:10 AM
  • Hi NadiaDeqmin,

Please check that whether it is related to the QTController.exe.config which could be used to set the test agent count.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/aseemb/archive/2010/08/11/how-to-run-automated-tests-on-different-machines-in-parallel.aspx

In addition, whether your web tests use certain data source? Maybe it would impact the result if there are few data rows.

Please also visit the Scenario or the Run Settings file' property settings after you open the load test. 

Thanks,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 26, 2015 11:35 AM