none
Programatically convert Wordperfect (.WPD) memory stream to .DOCX memory stream in C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to Convert Wordperfect memory stream to .DOCX memory stream. I tried using Aspose dll . But Aspose is not supporting this Conversion. Could you please let me know how can we convert .WPD stream to .DOCX stream.

We are not allowed to call any API's for the conversion . Is There any Utility/Dll available to achieve the conversion?

Thank You!!

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 6:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Avinashi_M,

>>Programatically convert Wordperfect (.WPD) memory stream to .DOCX memory stream in C#

Do you mean you create word documents with Wordperfect and the file type is .wpd? Do you want to convert .wpd to .docx file?

Since this forum is used to discuss Microsoft Office developing, we have two ways to custom Office developing, Office automation and OpenXML SDK. But I am afraid both of two ways could not read .wpd file. So, I think your requirement is impossible with Office developing.

What I could suggest you is creating .docx file with Office automation or OpenXML SDK.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 2:23 AM
  • Hi Avinash_M,

>> We are not supposed to make API calls for the conversion. Is there any other way(SDK's or Utilities) using which we can convert Wordperfect stream to DOCX stream?

This forum is used to discuss about Office developing, for converting Wordperfect stream to DOCX stream is not supported. In my option, we could convert bytes to stream with C#, but I assume it would not work when you convert WPD to DOCX. I am not sure whether there is other ways, but we could not achieve this with Office developing. Since wpd is a third party product, I would suggest you confirm with them whether they have such SDKS to achieve your requirement.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, February 15, 2016 2:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Avinashi_M,

>>Programatically convert Wordperfect (.WPD) memory stream to .DOCX memory stream in C#

Do you mean you create word documents with Wordperfect and the file type is .wpd? Do you want to convert .wpd to .docx file?

Since this forum is used to discuss Microsoft Office developing, we have two ways to custom Office developing, Office automation and OpenXML SDK. But I am afraid both of two ways could not read .wpd file. So, I think your requirement is impossible with Office developing.

What I could suggest you is creating .docx file with Office automation or OpenXML SDK.

Best Regards,

Edward

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 2:23 AM
  • Thanks Edward...

I will be getting WordPerfect Document as a Stream of Bytes and i need to convert the stream to DOCX.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 7:19 AM
  • Hi Avinash_M,

Which method you used to get WordPerfect Document as a stream? I think there is Office API to achieve your requirement. Could WordPerfect Document be opened by Office Word?

Best Regards,

Edward

Thursday, February 11, 2016 6:05 AM
  • Hi Edward,

I am reading the Wordperfect File as Bytes and then converting to stream.

We are not supposed to make API calls for the conversion. Is there any other way(SDK's or Utilities) using which we can convert Wordperfect stream to DOCX stream?

Thanks,

Avinash

Thursday, February 11, 2016 11:28 AM
  • Hi Avinash_M,

>> We are not supposed to make API calls for the conversion. Is there any other way(SDK's or Utilities) using which we can convert Wordperfect stream to DOCX stream?

This forum is used to discuss about Office developing, for converting Wordperfect stream to DOCX stream is not supported. In my option, we could convert bytes to stream with C#, but I assume it would not work when you convert WPD to DOCX. I am not sure whether there is other ways, but we could not achieve this with Office developing. Since wpd is a third party product, I would suggest you confirm with them whether they have such SDKS to achieve your requirement.

Best Regards,

Edward

Monday, February 15, 2016 2:59 AM