none
Error: Subreport could not be shown in object-based subreport RRS feed

• Question

• I have a report with a subreport. The parent report is based on a collection of business objects. The subreport is based on a collection of objects contained in the parent object. In the subReportProcessing event, I'm getting the key value from the parent object and getting its child collection. This works correctly when the child collection contains members. However, when the collection is empty, the report renders the line as "Error: subreport could not be shown." Also, in the immediate window, I get:

A first chance exception of type 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException' occurred

I've tried every combination of parameter properties in the subreport and I know that the values in both parent and child objects are of the same type.

I should mention that this is an rdlc in a Winforms-based reportviewer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, October 22, 2007 5:03 PM

All replies

• i myself am struggling with reports as i just started working with them so don't take my advice as from a knowledgeable person. i'm using reports based on business objects and they are driving me insane but i'm trying to understand them.

i read about this problem and you have to specify for the report datasource an empty collection.

or maybe better if u don't have any data to show in the subreport then you could just hide the subreport based on some value.

hope this helps you.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007 11:07 AM