none
Data Table issue RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating two pivot charts from one pivot table- One chart is "Stacked column" & the other is " Line with markers". Both the charts have data table at the bottom.

My problem is that the order of the series in the table is reversed. How can i make it same?

Attached is a screenshot of the issue I have. Any help is appreciated.

Friday, July 6, 2012 9:56 AM

Answers

• OK. I guess the only option you have is to create links to the Pivot table data and create the charts from the linked data.

I tested and it appears to work but could be a problem if the range used by the pivot table varies.

Added with Edit: I created the links on another worksheet

Regards, OssieMac

Friday, July 6, 2012 9:33 PM

All replies

• What version of Excel are you using? Following done in xl2010. It is a bit tedious but it worked and both charts had the table in the same order.

Right Click the chart -> Select Data

Remove the series from top down and only leave the series to be on the top of the table.

Add each of the other series in the order they are required in the table.

Following added with edit.

It is even easier than that. At the right hand end of where you have the buttons to Add, Edit, Remove there is an Up and Down arrow. Just select the required series and use the arrows to move up or down to required position.

Regards, OssieMac

• Edited by OssieMac Friday, July 6, 2012 11:46 AM
    Friday, July 6, 2012 11:31 AM
  • See my edited version of earlier post. Have posted this because you don't get a notification with Edits.

Regards, OssieMac

Friday, July 6, 2012 11:47 AM
  • I right clicked the chart & went to Select Data , the "Select Data source" pop window had Add, Edit , Remove buttons & the arrows disabled. See attached screenshot . I have created the chart using a Pivot table and so I believe that it is disabled. For charts created from regular table the  Add, Edit & Remove buttons are enabled & the series can be moved up & down with the arrows. So the problem is with charts created from Pivot table.

I am using excel 2010

Friday, July 6, 2012 12:34 PM
  • OK. I guess the only option you have is to create links to the Pivot table data and create the charts from the linked data.

I tested and it appears to work but could be a problem if the range used by the pivot table varies.

Added with Edit: I created the links on another worksheet

Regards, OssieMac

Friday, July 6, 2012 9:33 PM