oracle in unix how to check the process RRS feed

• Question

• User-804681621 posted

i am executing a script for a long time it seems can't be finished.

how can i check the performance of the oracle DB? is it dead locked? or other process lock to the same table ? 

how can i check in oracle DB? i am using SQL tool now.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 4:01 PM

Answers

• User269602965 posted

In a commercial Oracle development tool like TOAD you can use Database > Monitor > Session Browser > select your session and monitor plenty of information.

I presume when you say SQL Tool you might mean the Oracle SQL Developer.  In that case, read the documentation for their methods for monitoring your session.

In version 4.1 it is under TOOLS > Monitor Sessions.  Not as full featured as Toad.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:08 AM

All replies

• User-718146471 posted

Hi pn_nq, I hate to break this to you but we do not support unix; Unix is not ASP.NET. I can suggest opening a thread on Stack Overflow or bytes.com. Hope that helps lead you to your answer.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 7:45 PM
  • User269602965 posted

In a commercial Oracle development tool like TOAD you can use Database > Monitor > Session Browser > select your session and monitor plenty of information.

I presume when you say SQL Tool you might mean the Oracle SQL Developer.  In that case, read the documentation for their methods for monitoring your session.

In version 4.1 it is under TOOLS > Monitor Sessions.  Not as full featured as Toad.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:08 AM