Softwares in CI Build server RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on continuous integration build for a windows application. It refers few assemblies from below list of softwares.
    To get the successful CI build, do I have to install all these below listed softwares in build server ? is there any alternate way ?1.            Oracle 32 & 64 bit
    2.            Office 2007 Professional  +
    3.            Office SP-2
    4.            Word2007-kb974561-fullfile-x86-glb
    5.            Open XML
    6.            Crystal Report
    7.            AccessDatabaseEngine

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 6:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Raghavendra, 

Thanks for your reply.

TFS invoke MSBuild command to build solution on build agent machine by default. If you can manually execute MSBuild command within /p:ReferencePath to build your solution successfully on build agent machine, I think you can use the same argument /p:ReferencePath in build definition to build your solution using Team Build, and TFS Build will build your solution correctly too.

For more information about the /p:ReferencePath in MSBuild command, please contact MSBuild experts for the better response.

For cannot build solution(referenced Office dlls) without installing “Office 2007 Professional +” scenario, please contact Office Develop experts for the better response.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 4:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Raghavendra,   

Thanks for your post.

We need ensure the TFS Build can find the required dlls from build agent machine when build solution using Team Build, If your application reference dlls from that software, you need install them on your build agent machine.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, May 7, 2015 2:49 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.
    I copied the required dlls to a dedicated folder.
    I tried using /p:ReferencePath switch with MSBuild to build the application without installing few softwares, the build is succeeded.
    I could not make it succeed with out installing "Office 2007 Professional +".
    I am not sure of whether this it is a right solution to use /p:ReferencePath.
    Can you explain and share me any reference link which would talk in detail about this.
    Friday, May 8, 2015 6:12 PM
  • Hi Raghavendra, 

Thanks for your reply.

TFS invoke MSBuild command to build solution on build agent machine by default. If you can manually execute MSBuild command within /p:ReferencePath to build your solution successfully on build agent machine, I think you can use the same argument /p:ReferencePath in build definition to build your solution using Team Build, and TFS Build will build your solution correctly too.

For more information about the /p:ReferencePath in MSBuild command, please contact MSBuild experts for the better response.

For cannot build solution(referenced Office dlls) without installing “Office 2007 Professional +” scenario, please contact Office Develop experts for the better response.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 4:27 AM