.Net Developer RRS feed

• Question

• Recently i updated my Visual Studio Express 2013 for web to Its update 3.  and from than onwards I am not able to create a project. Again I installed the updates and it I repeated two times but not getting any Solutions. Will anyone suggest me? When I click on New Project It shows a Window and When I Click On New Web Application it returns a Blank Window.

Friday, August 29, 2014 12:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Abhishek,

>> Recently I updated my Visual Studio Express 2013 for web to Its update 3.  and from than onwards I am not able to create a project.

It means that you would like to create a project in Visual Studio Express 2013 for web after I installed Visual Studio 2013 Update 3, but it could not get such as the following screen shot, am I right?

Reference:

If yes, could you please tell me if it could create a project in Visual Studio Express 2013 for web installed before you didn’t install Visual Studio 2013 Update 3?

(1)If it couldn’t, I doubt that it may be related to your VS Express 2013 for Web IDE or Window System issue.

(a)To make sure the issue if it is related to the VS IDE issue, I suggest you could try to the following steps to narrow download this issue.

Step1: I suggest you could try to login in your Visual Studio Express 2013 for Web as admin and then create a simple project again.

Step2: If you installed some third-party VSPackages in your Visual Studio Express 2013 for Web, I suggest you could try to start your VS Express 2013 for Web in safe mode, create it again.

Reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241278.aspx

Step3: If it still doesn’t work, I suggest you could try to reset your VS settings or repair/reinstall your Visual Studio Express 2013 for Web after you uninstalled Visual Studio 2013 Update 3, and then create it again.

Note: You could closed the firewall before you reinstalled the VS.

(b)If you do these, the error still occur. It may be more related to your Windows System, so you’d better close your some processes on the Task Manager before you start your Visual Studio Express 2013 for Web.

In addition, please close the Anti-virus software or the firewall or other tools in your machine.

If you run your windows with a long time, maybe restart your machine would be better.

(2)If it could create a project before you didn’t install your VS Update 3, I suggest you could try to download Visual Studio 2013 Update 3 again from Microsoft Web Site: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=43721 and then install it again.

If it still doesn’t work, I suggest you can ask directly Visual Studio Setup and Installation forum: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vssetup for better solution and support.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Tina-Shi Monday, September 1, 2014 6:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tina-Shi Friday, September 5, 2014 10:59 AM
    Monday, September 1, 2014 6:34 AM