How to access Excel sheet data from windows store app??

Question

• Hi All,

I would like to access a excel sheet from my windows store app. So is there any library or nugget package which facilitates easy accessing of excel. After googling it, I found that there is a .NET namespace for this (System.Data.OleDb). Unfortunately this cant be used from a store app.

So please suggest a better approach for parsing an excel sheet.

Thanks

Rajesh

Monday, July 21, 2014 10:53 AM

Answers

• There isn't anything from Microsoft that can do so. I believe there are third party components which can parse Excel files and which support Windows Store apps. I can't make any specific recommendations, but you can find several if you search on Excel WinRT. Others in the community may be able to share their experiences.

Monday, July 21, 2014 7:09 PM
    Owner

All replies

• There isn't anything from Microsoft that can do so. I believe there are third party components which can parse Excel files and which support Windows Store apps. I can't make any specific recommendations, but you can find several if you search on Excel WinRT. Others in the community may be able to share their experiences.

Monday, July 21, 2014 7:09 PM
    Owner
  • Also, please use the search capability of this forum since this topic has been covered extensively.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/home?searchTerm=excel

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, July 21, 2014 7:17 PM