none
FTP Receive adapter doing nothing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am trying to add an ftp receive location to my biztalk 2013R2 server but the adapter does nothing.

I created the port exactly like I did for my biztalk 2006 server. The host instance is started, the receive location is started but nothing happens. There are no errors in the event log, and nothing on the FTP log.

The same configuration on biztalk server 2006 works.

My host instance is set to 32bits.

Is there anything new in biztalk 2013 that is needed to make a ftp receive location work?

By the way, a ftp send port on the same server with the same host instance works juste fine

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 7:39 PM

Answers

• Try the following:

1) Disable and enable the FTP Receive location. This could sometime help the configuration to refresh itself.
    2) Restart the host instance to which the  FTP Receive location configured to.
    3) Give a wrong password, and see whether you get any warning or any eventlog entries.
    4) Use any network tracing tools like WireShark which help you to trace the event happening.
    5) Ensure you're firewall/or remote server from where you're trying to poll for the message is not blocking the file transfer. Sometimes, firewall or any network issue blocks are not reported back to FTP adapter so that it can log it as error/warning. So ensure its not an issue due to any network related thing.

You are probably using port 21? So verify if that is opened (but again you are saying that Send FTP is working and that probably uses the same port).

So try to fetch a file from the FTP site using the command prompt instead of BizTalk, and verify that you are able to:

-get the file
    -remove the file

Refer similar discussion here: FTP Receive port not pulling files

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:33 AM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2016 9:24 AM

All replies

• Try the following:

1) Disable and enable the FTP Receive location. This could sometime help the configuration to refresh itself.
    2) Restart the host instance to which the  FTP Receive location configured to.
    3) Give a wrong password, and see whether you get any warning or any eventlog entries.
    4) Use any network tracing tools like WireShark which help you to trace the event happening.
    5) Ensure you're firewall/or remote server from where you're trying to poll for the message is not blocking the file transfer. Sometimes, firewall or any network issue blocks are not reported back to FTP adapter so that it can log it as error/warning. So ensure its not an issue due to any network related thing.

You are probably using port 21? So verify if that is opened (but again you are saying that Send FTP is working and that probably uses the same port).

So try to fetch a file from the FTP site using the command prompt instead of BizTalk, and verify that you are able to:

-get the file
    -remove the file

Refer similar discussion here: FTP Receive port not pulling files

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:33 AM
    Wednesday, April 13, 2016 9:24 AM
  • Configure the Log Filename property ant let it 'run' for a bit.

Then you can see what it's actually doing.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 11:52 AM