none
Creating an email address for Outlook Express 6 RRS feed

• Question

• Following the example given in the Guide for Outlook Express 6 I created the email address with the at-sign and microsoft. When I emailed to that address it was not delivered because "User unknown". The Guide must give an example which can be used! If I have to restart my computer for me to be a known and found user or if something else is necessary then I would be most obliged if Microsoft would tell me as soon as I have gone through the guide. It is very disappointing, extremely timewasting and bad as it is.

Also I am very dissatisfied that no option for feedback is provided along with the help, contact and other options given. I googled to Microsoft Outlook Express 6 feedback and the link took me to a page where there is no option for feedback provided. Bad.

I have Windows XP and IE 8.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:55 AM

All replies

• Apart from explaining you added an @ sign and microsoft (what about .com ?) you haven't given any information about what code or API calls you are using, eg ShellExecute as OE does not support automation (you are using VBA -right?). Also what "example" in what "guide"?

I'm not sure in Outlook Express is still officially supported but it's a well established application that  works very well.

Peter Thornton

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:20 AM
  • When I replied to your letter in this forum it was returned because "User unknown", the forum address could not be found. What is wrong? When I tried to paste the whole message here it was rejected because links and images were not permitted in the body of the text. 

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12:20 PM
  • I don't follow, what was returned with "User unknown", what forum address couldn't be found.

Peter Thornton

Thursday, June 13, 2013 10:09 AM
  • Thank you for answering. I got a yahoo email address immediately -without needing to specify ports or server names- on opening Comodo Dragon browser so I shall not use Outlook.com.
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 10:34 AM