Push the Updated / Inserted Data to the ASP.NET Application from SQL Server RRS feed

• Question

• I need to notify my asp.net application, about a change made in the SQL Server db & send the modified data to the web server so as to update the client with the latest data.

SQL Dependencies, we are not using because it has lot of constraints. 

What are the possible ways to do this ?

Thank you.

• Moved by Bob Beauchemin Thursday, February 26, 2015 5:01 PM Moved to a more relevant forum
    Thursday, February 26, 2015 6:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• What if the client is not online when the data is changed in the DB?

Regards, RSingh

Thursday, February 26, 2015 8:00 AM
  • The Client Must Be Online, To Get the Update.  We will be using the ASP.NET SignalR to update the Client.  But Problem is How we get the data to Web Server, from the SQL Server.
    Thursday, February 26, 2015 8:37 AM
  • I think the best way is to do such thing in front end rather than back end. How will the database know which user to update as your application might be using one connection account to connect the database?

Regards, RSingh

Thursday, February 26, 2015 9:39 AM
  • Database doesn't need to update the User. It should update the ASP.NET Application. then, this Application will update the Clients connected to it.
    Thursday, February 26, 2015 11:52 AM
  • Probably outside the scope of this forum, but if you are set on using ASP.NET SignalIR then I would see the below link:

http://www.asp.net/signalr/overview/performance/scaleout-with-sql-server

The only other option I know of with respect to SQL Server is Query Notification and SqlCacheDependency.

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/144344/Query-Notification-using-SqlDependency-and-SqlCach

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

• Proposed as answer by Fred Bao Friday, March 6, 2015 7:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fred Bao Monday, March 9, 2015 6:05 AM
    Friday, February 27, 2015 3:19 PM