I have problems with Internet connection(p4i65pe motherboard built-in network adapter)

Question

• Widnows found my network adapter and seems to have installed proper drivers, but when dialling( I use pppoe internet connection) Windows just crashes and then restarts.

Please help

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:10 PM

Answers

• Hey Jay Clay,

Thank you for posting your feedback, we want to make sure we get the right info including your log files.  Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

Steven
    Monday, September 26, 2011 6:44 PM

All replies

• Hey ru_RU,

Let's try manually downloading the latest driver for your network adapter from your computer manufacturer's website. If the network adapter was purchased separately, try visiting the website of the manufacturer that produced the network adapter to download the latest driver.

Since your computer with Windows Developer Preview cannot access the Internet, you will need to use a different computer to download the latest driver and transfer the driver installation file using some form of removable storage (USB drive, CD, DVD, ect.) to take to the computer running Windows Developer Preview.

If the installation of the driver tells you that it isn't compatible with your current version of Windows, try using the compatibility troubleshooter:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard to enter the Start screen
    • Type Compatibility
    • Click Settings in the right column
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver/drivers.

Hope that helps, look forward to hearing back from you.

Steven
    Friday, September 16, 2011 8:24 PM
  • it didn't help at all, I have the same problem to make a connection via pppoe, I have installed the ethernet adapter drivers manually, I have found that the only way to connect successfully  is making a bridge between the pppoe connection and wireless router then you can online using your wifi to make the pppoe connection otherwise if I try directly to connect ppp over ethernet windows developer preview will crash.
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:29 AM
  • Hey Jay Clay,

Thank you for posting your feedback, we want to make sure we get the right info including your log files.  Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview.  There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here

Steven
    Monday, September 26, 2011 6:44 PM
  •  So this problem is still not solved ...

The driver of the built-in Ethernet card (a Yukon Marvel 88EB8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller) seems not to the cause of this problem

I had to get my old « USB ADSL converter » from the shelves and use in place of PPPoE (PPP over ethernet)

a « PPPoA protocol » to get internet working in this Windows Developer Preview

Thursday, October 06, 2011 6:36 AM
  • Hey Franz999,

If updating your driver didn't help, you may want to try checking your computer or motherboard provider's website to see if a more recent version of BIOS is available. There should also be instructions for how to update your motherboard's BIOS in your user manual or from your computer or motherboard providers website.

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) or Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS/UEFI settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Steven
    Saturday, October 08, 2011 1:26 AM
  • hi

i seem to be having simillar problem with connecting to the net via pppoE in windows8 developer preview, am using an astheros ar815x ethernet controller i tried updating to the latest driver from both motherboard manufacturer AsRock and the astheros website. also attempted to disable the allow power off otion of device by the computer in the Device Manager.

I had contemplated updating the BIOS but all the Bios updates for my motherboard do not relate to the Ethernet controller, besides under windows 7 with the same computer (hardware) i connect just fine. its just when i try to connect to the internet does this issue surface. when i try to connect to the internet via pppoe, the screen goes blue and restarts after presenting a screen written driver_IRQ_not_less_or_equal

any help???
    • Edited by denmuk Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:29 PM
    Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:23 PM
  • Hey Denmuk,

A newer BIOS may allow the driver for the Ethernet card to communicate properly with your computer when using Windows Developer Preview. While this may not be listed as a update in the BIOS update description, it can be a side effect of other changes/updates that are applied by the BIOS update. Unfortunately in this case there is no way to know without trying the newer BIOS.

Modifying BIOS, complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS), or Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS/UEFI settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Steven

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:33 AM