error cs0006 RRS feed

• Question

• I updated my analyzer packages to latest stable version using NuGet Package Manager. After the update I am getting the following errors:

Error CS0006 Metadata file 'packages\Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Analyzers.3.3.0\analyzers\dotnet\cs\Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Analyzers.dll' could not be found

Error CS0006 Metadata file 'packages\Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Analyzers.3.3.0\analyzers\dotnet\cs\Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.CSharp.Analyzers.dll' could not be found

there are 10 more just like these.

The updated version of Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Analyzers is 3.3.1 which is installed. I don't understand why its looking at the 3.3.0 version.

• Edited by rickmf Wednesday, November 11, 2020 9:51 PM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2020 9:48 PM

All replies

• Hi rickmf,

Thank you for posting here.

After you update the nuget package, have you tried Rebuild?

You can also try to open the projectName.csproj file in the project path to see if it is not updated in time for some reason.

If it doesn't work, please check if the solution in the link below works for you:

VS 2017 Metadata file '.dll could not be found

Metadata file '.dll' could not be found

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 12, 2020 1:56 AM
  • Thanks 

I had the same problem and it was solved from this link

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1421862/metadata-file-dll-could-not-be-found

Thursday, November 12, 2020 2:22 AM
  • Hi,

Has your issue been resolved?

If so, please click on the "Mark as answer" option of the reply that solved your question, so that it will help other members to find the solution quickly if they face a similar issue. If you still have questions, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Timon

"Visual C#" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A ! We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A ! For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, December 4, 2020 3:21 AM