Access Web App publishing RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently in the process of getting my Access Web App approved through the seller dashboard.  When I get to the pricing section of the wizard to select pricing option, a pop up hint is displayed stating that Access Web Apps can only be listed as free.

You let me get this far and then pull the rug out.  Frustrating.

When will be able to charge for an Access Web App on the app store?

Sunday, January 24, 2016 3:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Bill,

Sorry to hear about the trouble here. This is actually documented in the Validation policies under section 10 for supported capabilities, not within the pricing model section. I can understand your frustration from not being able to locate this information initially. If you have not already done so, I highly recommend that you share your feedback on our UserVoice site regarding this specific experience. Thanks for the post!

-Jonathan

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Office Store Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Friday, February 5, 2016 12:05 AM
  • Thanks for the info.  In relation to policy 10.6, are there plans in the near future to allow Access Web Apps to have a pricing model?

Policy 10.2 states the following:

If your SharePoint Add-in has autohosting capabilities, it will not be accepted in the Office Store.

For more information, see Update on Autohosted Add-ins Preview program.

Question related to 10.2:  Since all Access Web Apps leverage Azure SQL Server, does that automatically classify this type of app as having autohosting capabilities?  If so, then does that mean that all Access Web Apps will not be accepted in the Office Store even if listed for free?

Friday, February 5, 2016 2:01 AM