Test Lightswitch App does not run on Azure from a Mac RRS feed

Answers

• Have you tried to run a packet sniffer? Might not be the OOB app, but the firewall?

Keep rocking LS!
    Jan

PS: have you seen app-stitch yet? It's a visually simple yet powerful way of designing business rules for Visual Studio LightSwitch apps.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, August 25, 2014 1:59 AM
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 2:26 PM
  • HI Greg Gum,

Please try Jan's suggestion first.

As I know, Desktop applications are out-of-browser Windows client applications that give you access to COM and the local file system. Use this type of deployment when you need to control Office applications like Word and Excel or need access to devices connected to Windows.

Web browser applications run in the browser sandbox and do not have access to COM or the local file system, however the application can run on Windows and Mac operating systems through a variety of browsers. Use this type of deployment for public-facing Internet applications when more reach is required.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.                    

Best regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:06 AM

All replies

• Have you tried to run a packet sniffer? Might not be the OOB app, but the firewall?

Keep rocking LS!
    Jan

PS: have you seen app-stitch yet? It's a visually simple yet powerful way of designing business rules for Visual Studio LightSwitch apps.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 2:26 PM
  • HI Greg Gum,

Please try Jan's suggestion first.

As I know, Desktop applications are out-of-browser Windows client applications that give you access to COM and the local file system. Use this type of deployment when you need to control Office applications like Word and Excel or need access to devices connected to Windows.

Web browser applications run in the browser sandbox and do not have access to COM or the local file system, however the application can run on Windows and Mac operating systems through a variety of browsers. Use this type of deployment for public-facing Internet applications when more reach is required.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.                    

Best regards

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:06 AM