processconfig: uppercase in state names not fully respected RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I created a new state, "CR" (meaning Code Review") and successfully added it to a process template and a task item but encountered a problem:

• On the task form (eg. in the State dropdown field) it is displayed correctly: "CR".
    • On the task board, the new state column has the heading "Cr", that is, the uppercase first character of the second word is changed to lowercase.

I checked the processconfig file and noticed that this behavior is true for the built-in states as well: "To Do" becomes "To do" and "In Progress" becomes "In progress".

I wonder if the board can be forced to respect casing. "CR" is an abbreviation which, frankly, looks lame as "Cr".

The processconfig looks like this:

<States>
    <State type="Proposed" value="To Do" />
    <State type="InProgress" value="In Progress" />
    <State type="InProgress" value="CR" />
    <State type="Complete" value="Done" />

</States>

Thanks,

T

KT

Thursday, November 9, 2017 10:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There isn’t the way to change it, you can submit a user voice here: https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/330519-team-services/category/145257-dashboards-and-reporting. If you submit this suggestion, you might post that link here which will benefit others who has the similar issue, I will vote it. Thanks for your understanding.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Tibor Konig Saturday, November 25, 2017 9:38 AM
    Saturday, November 25, 2017 5:42 AM

All replies