how to check sql is installed in system n if yes then running or not... RRS feed

• Question

• hi,
    i'm making a project in visual studio 2005 ...what i want to do is at the time of installation before installing my project i want to check whether sql 2005 is installed on that computer or not and if it is installed then whether the sql server is running or not...
    i want to check one more thing i want to do is while checking that sql is installed or not if that sql is not installed then sql setup should start and after installing that sql my projects setup should continue .....
    i know that inorder to do this i have a option of using batch files in my project but i don know what codes i have to write for it....
    so pls pls pls help me out in this by providing me the code....
    and yes i'm a student and this project is only made for and supplied to my institute only....
    so pls help me out with the code as soon as possible.....
    thanks in advance....
    Saturday, July 12, 2008 2:51 PM

All replies

•  Rohit~Sharma wrote:
    hi,
    i'm making a project in visual studio 2005 ...what i want to do is at the time of installation before installing my project i want to check whether sql 2005 is installed on that computer or not and if it is installed then whether the sql server is running or not...
    i want to check one more thing i want to do is while checking that sql is installed or not if that sql is not installed then sql setup should start and after installing that sql my projects setup should continue .....
    i know that inorder to do this i have a option of using batch files in my project but i don know what codes i have to write for it....
    so pls pls pls help me out in this by providing me the code....
    and yes i'm a student and this project is only made for and supplied to my institute only....
    so pls help me out with the code as soon as possible.....
    thanks in advance....
    Monday, September 8, 2008 11:38 AM
  • I think you'll have better luck posting to one of the SQL Server forums: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=19&SiteID=1.

Monday, September 8, 2008 3:10 PM