none
How to show another end date in Project Center View? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello community,

in our Company we want to Show another end date in the MS Project Server Project Center view as the Default one.

Instead of the end of the Project we want to Show the product availibility date.
    The product availibility date is a Milestone in our Project plan and differs from the end date of the project.

Is there a possibility to show the product availibility date?
    In the MS Project Server Settings I just find the default end value to to show in the Project Center view.                                    

Thanks in advance!

Lars

Thursday, February 11, 2016 1:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is the filed that you have mentioned is a custom field and is manually fed with information? If yes then you would just need to go to server settings , manage views and click the view you wish to add the field and add the filed and will serve your purpose. 

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Thursday, February 11, 2016 1:43 PM
  • Hi,

its not an enterprise custom field.
    Its a Milestone in the Project plan that differs from the end date of the Project.

Thursday, February 11, 2016 2:13 PM
  • In the gantt Format Settings of MS Project Server i find a Setting called "Milestone".

Where does this Setting refer to? Is there a Special Enterprise field this option refers to?
    Perhaps this could solve my problem.

Perhaps I could Display the product availibility date in the Project Center gantt view as a Milestone?!

Friday, February 12, 2016 10:15 AM
  • BDGuerilla,

You need to do three things:

1) Set up a Lookup Table and add the value "Product Availability" in that table.

2) Set up an Enterprise Custom Field (task level, Text), and assign it to this lookup table. Lets call this field "Additional Milestone"

3) Set up another task level Enterprise custom field (date), with a formula something like IIf([Additional Milestone] = "Product Availability", [Finish], "NA"). Lets call this field Task product Availability date

4) Set up a final Project level Enterprise Custom Field (Date) , with formula = [Task product Availability date]. Lets call this Product Availability date.

5) Now you will be able to add this field to project center views.

Take a look at this blog post, which is a little more than what you are looking for, but still helps.

http://aboutmsproject.com/how-to-show-implementation-milestone-dates-in-project-center/

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Friday, February 12, 2016 5:21 PM