none
How to Download windows mobile 6.5 Adaptaton kit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi frndz,

I am new to driver development, I am supposed to work on   windows mobile 6.5 Adaptaton kit. Can any 1 plz tell me how to download this kit and how much does it cost ????

Monday, August 8, 2011 7:09 AM

All replies

• You need to contact either Microsoft for getting the AKU or try to contact your region Windows Embedded license partner.It is not available as open.

Monday, August 8, 2011 8:05 AM
  • Hi Prabhu,

Thanks for u'r helpful suggestion.

Can you let me know  the approximate cost for getting an adaptaion kit if at all any.

One more thing, if I want to load existing sample code (ex. usb-ser driver which connects between WM6.5 and my device), do I need this AKU or agreement?

or Only if I want to make greater functionality at the driver level, I require this AKU and agreement?

Pls suggest

Thank You

Monday, August 8, 2011 12:15 PM
  • Hi All,

Can any1 plz let me know  the approximate cost for getting an adaptation kit if at all any.

One more thing, if I want to load existing sample code (ex. usb-ser driver which connects between WM6.5 and my device), do I need this AKU or agreement?

or Only if I want to make greater functionality at the driver level, I require this AKU and agreement?

I am Supposed to send the report very soon.

Pls suggest

Thank You

Tuesday, August 9, 2011 6:15 AM
  • The Windows Mobile AKU is available to OEM who want to adapt the WM OS to their driver: you can get it only from MSFT but this requires an agreement and, as far I remember, the purchase of several runtime licenses, resulting in thousand dollars expense. Depending on what you need to do the WM SDK may be enough
    Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com
    • Proposed as answer by Misbah Khan Wednesday, August 10, 2011 5:39 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 8:08 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for u'r suggestions and help

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 3:52 AM