Objects RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible in any way to create objects or classes in SmallBasic? Or is it a bit too complex for the idea behind SmallBasic? From learning JavaScript, they didn't seem particularly complicated.

“Computers are like Old Testament gods: lots of rules and no mercy.” – Joseph Campbell

Friday, April 6, 2012 7:26 PM

Answers

• Not directly, you can write an extension that uses classes and objects or use VB or C# directly.
    • Marked as answer by keg504 Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:09 AM
    Sunday, April 8, 2012 4:09 PM

All replies

• Not directly, you can write an extension that uses classes and objects or use VB or C# directly.
    • Marked as answer by keg504 Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:09 AM
    Sunday, April 8, 2012 4:09 PM
  • The extension basically is the class that you would be using, except that you can't edit it with the same language as the main class (the Small Basic project. You could even write an extension that could load classes from code in a text file, and maybe even compile them into DLLs from Small Basic code.

~~AirWaves!!~~

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 3:52 AM
  • Thanks, but all I know is SmallBasic and JavaScript. I won't be able to write extension for quite sometime(assuming I write in C/C++/C#)

“Computers are like Old Testament gods: lots of rules and no mercy.” – Joseph Campbell

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 11:10 AM