none
I goofed! RRS feed

• Question

• Instead of editing my index.htm file and then uploading it, I replaced it with a copy that included revisions, there-by NOT maintaining website links to index.htm. Attemped uploads of the unlinked index file "failed" (error 550). So I downloaded the index.htm file from my hosting service, and revised it the correct way. But upload attempts fail due to "too many tries". Will I have to download all files (publish) from my online account to my computer? If so or not, how do I get my uploads to not "fail"?

Thanks.

Stephen

Monday, July 17, 2017 1:18 AM

All replies

• What are you using to upload files (EW's FTP?) and what is the *exact* error?  Too many tries to do what?  Upload, or authenticate? ( It sounds like a server error message, not an EW error message.)

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

• Edited by KathyW2 Monday, July 17, 2017 6:40 AM
    Monday, July 17, 2017 6:39 AM
  • Kathleen, thank you for responding. I believe I'm using EW's FTP. The error was 'too many tries to upload' my index.htm. I agree that it's a server error message. 
    Monday, July 17, 2017 12:37 PM
  • Then you need to talk to your host. That's not something EW is involved with.

Kathleen Wilber

Monday, July 17, 2017 6:43 PM
  • Thank you. Okay, my "host's" techs are supposed to get back to me. The other issue I mentioned needs to be resolved on my end, I think. I essentially deleted my index file and replaced it with a revision, which messed things up. I'm hoping that downloading the 'remote' index file to my local 'site' will restore the links I broke. Or I can use my backup 'site' which would not take much work to update. Is there something else I should or need to do? Are my ideas faulty? Thanks again.
    Monday, July 17, 2017 7:46 PM
  • It would take less time for you to try what you describe than for anyone to guess the results. We don't know the state of your site, your changes, etc.

Kathleen Wilber

Monday, July 17, 2017 11:46 PM