Deploy Azure SDK From 1811 to 1901 RRS feed

• Question

• Against my better judgement, I decided to take my working 1811 ASDK and deploy latest build 1901. Cutting to the chase, two failed attempts ending with the same error below.

=============================================

[IdentityProvider:Deployment] ERROR: An error occurred while trying to verify connection to the graph
    endpoint 'https://login.microsoftonline.com/REMOVEDSUBSCRIPTIONIDFROMHERE/.well-known/openid-configuration': The
     remote name could not be resolved: 'login.microsoftonline.com'

Additional details:  - 2/19/2019 12:11:20 PM
    WARNING: 1> Task: Invocation of interface 'Deployment' of role 'Cloud\Fabric\IdentityProvider' failed:

Type 'Deployment' of Role 'IdentityProvider' raised an exception:

An error occurred while trying to verify connection to the graph endpoint
    'https://login.microsoftonline.com/REMOVEDSUBSCRIPTIONIDFROMHERE/.well-known/openid-configuration': The remote
    name could not be resolved: 'login.microsoftonline.com'

===========================================

What appears to be happening is the "cloud host" server stops routing traffic to the internet. I say the cloud host because it is now performing the role of the BGPNAT. But whatever it is, none of the cloud VMs can access the internet.

Anyone else experience the same issue or any suggestions to resolve this issue?

Mr Jazze

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 3:21 AM

All replies

• Does your physical machine have full internet access? It looks like you are doing an AAD deployment, and it requires full connectivity. When installing the ASDK, it should allow access to the internet via the existing connection. 

You can test this by making sure you have access / DNS resolution to login.microsoftonline.com from the physical machine. 

Thursday, February 21, 2019 6:06 PM
  • #TravisCragg,

I'm going to assume you might think internet connectivity would be the issue given I only posted a small portion of the log. But no, the script had been running at least two hours before the error; which means I had to enter Azure credentials much sooner. I also noted I had working versions of 1811 so it was understood that I know what the setup and process is like.

I've now had 3 failed attempts of deploying 1901 and do believe there is a problem with transitioning of the NATing role which is breaking connectivity.

BTW: I did find a version of 1811 vhdx and will deploy it instead; i know it works.

Mr Jazze

Friday, February 22, 2019 9:37 PM
  • I am attempting to deploy as well an encountering this error. The SDK install starts with no DNS resolution issues, but by the time it gets to step 60.120, it fails to resolve DNS. 
    • Edited by azimalicous Saturday, July 27, 2019 3:05 PM clarity
    Saturday, July 27, 2019 3:05 PM