Automated Testing tool for Testing Web Service advice RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I am currently using MSBuild to execute unit tests after a build has finished.

This is my scenario:

• Trigger a Build and wait until its built all the necessary assemblies
    • Run MSBuild tasks to do the necessary work e.g use the latest executable and copy it to destination server share.
    • Use PSExec Tool to log into the remote server and install the Web Service
    • Start the Service
    • Use MSBuild to execute the unit tests.

I would ideally like to move away if possible and use a software tool to do this. The above isn't flexible when working with different product streams because it requires changes to the script file.

If the above doesn't make sense i can explain further what i am trying to achieve.

Any suggestions? 

Kind Regards,

Monday, March 23, 2015 11:37 AM

Answers

• Hi IndusKing,

As far as  I know, we could run the unit test with MSBuild. We could use the Exec task to invoke MSTest.exe and have the tests executed.

Reference:

http://blog.afry.de/2013/01/running-mstest-unittests-using-msbuild.html

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/vstudio/en-US/e0c8ceec-f180-43cd-b92b-c37c3991c169/how-to-execute-unittests-from-msbuild

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.

Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites;

Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.

There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 3:10 AM