none
SharePoint load balancer site redirection RRS feed

• Question

• I'm migrating a large number of site collections from a SharePoint 2010 farm to a SharePoint 2013 farm using the content DB migration method. After the migration occurs the requirement is to have the same URLs for all the migrated sites. If I was to migrate a subset of the sites from the source farm to the destination farm and create load balancer redirection rules for those sites to be redirected to the new farm, would that be a supported scenario? 
    Sunday, October 22, 2017 10:17 PM

All replies

• So both farms will have the same root web URL? I would say that would get messy very quickly. Do you need to run both farms simultaneously?

Could you create an AAM (alternate access mapping) for the required URL? Also, which part of the URL needs to be the same?

https://otherrootweb/<sites/mysitecollection> (the /site/mysitecollection part). If it is this scenario, then you would need to ensure the right managed path has been created. The site collection names should remain the same.

Monday, October 23, 2017 5:03 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer to help other community members to find the information quickly.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, October 30, 2017 1:38 AM