none
ReportViewer drillthrough - backwards? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have a reportviewer object in my ASP.NET page, and I have a report that does a drillthrough to a second report. My question is, how can I get back to the original report...like a back button? I would like the user to be able to go back to the parent report after viewing the drillthrough report.

I'm fairly new to report viewer stuff. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Thursday, February 28, 2008 6:28 PM

Answers

• A drillthrough always requires a postback, so you can use the browser back button for this.  We hide the built-in back button by default so as not to provide duplicate functionality.  However if using the browser back button is not something you want, just set ReportViewer.ShowBackButton = true to add it to the toolbar.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:38 PM

All replies

• A drillthrough always requires a postback, so you can use the browser back button for this.  We hide the built-in back button by default so as not to provide duplicate functionality.  However if using the browser back button is not something you want, just set ReportViewer.ShowBackButton = true to add it to the toolbar.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:38 PM
  • Works perfectly! Thanks for the help
    Thursday, February 28, 2008 9:06 PM