My vista doesnt contain wer.dll and werapi.h RRS feed

• Question

•  

Are wer api's are only in specific windows vista versions??

I have Windows Vista enterprise edition installed on my computer.

How can i get this dll now???

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:24 PM forum consolidation (From:Windows Error Reporting for ISVs)
    Wednesday, October 10, 2007 6:43 AM

Answers

• The WER DLLs are in the Windows system directory, and as far as I can tell, they are not specific to any particular version of Vista.

The werapi.h header file is part of the Windows SDK, which you'll have to download and install separately (on development systems only, of course).

Hope this helps,

Claus

http://www.clausbrod.de/Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 3:39 PM
  • Hi,

The WER components ship with the box. What you are probably looking for is the header file (werapi.h) and the library (wer.lib) and you can get it from the SDK. The development header file and the library for components do not ship with the box. Please let us know if there are more questions.

Thanks

Friday, October 12, 2007 11:09 PM

All replies

• The WER DLLs are in the Windows system directory, and as far as I can tell, they are not specific to any particular version of Vista.

The werapi.h header file is part of the Windows SDK, which you'll have to download and install separately (on development systems only, of course).

Hope this helps,

Claus

http://www.clausbrod.de/Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 3:39 PM
  • Hi,

The WER components ship with the box. What you are probably looking for is the header file (werapi.h) and the library (wer.lib) and you can get it from the SDK. The development header file and the library for components do not ship with the box. Please let us know if there are more questions.

Thanks

Friday, October 12, 2007 11:09 PM