Lightswitch: Show number of entries of a query RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all

I have a database on players of the team I am the coach of. There I store information on their training presence, a.s.o.

There is a details screen, where I can see all the information concerning one player, e.g. the training items he was present at. This is filtered by a query, where you can give the start and the end date of the period you are interested in the training presence. So you only see a certain number of entries. So far, so good, but I want to show the total number of these shown entries. When I create a calculated data item, then I cannot access the start and end date from the screen.

Any idea?

stephan

stephan mc

Sunday, August 9, 2015 6:26 AM

All replies

• Hello

You don't mention what version of LightSwitch you are using to develop this system but a good place to look for ideas is www.lightswitchhelpwebsite.com where there are lots of examples that even if they are not exactly what you are looking for are usually close enough for you to work out the real answer.

In your case I recommend you read this post or this post which use different versions to show the similar results.

HTH

If you found this post helpful, please mark it as helpful. If by some chance I answered the question, please mark the question as answered. That way you will help more people like me :)

Friday, August 21, 2015 11:20 AM