none
WES7 - setup CD with runtime key RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created an IBW image with full distribution share from WES7 Image Configuration Editor.

From my point of view, this is equivalent to the Runtime DVD that came with the toolkit, right?

How can I customize this IBW image with our runtime key? Is it possible to have an answer file just with the key information? How should this file be named (autounattend, unattend?) and where do I put this file in the image?

I aim to create a bootable USB stick with full distribution that doesn't need the product key during installation.

Thanks

Thursday, August 4, 2011 9:19 AM

All replies

• Best way to get your hands on:

http://www.microsoft.com/winme/1006/1003932/Mod_0_500k/default.html

"Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:46 PM
    1. Correct, ICE gives you the ability to re-create th IBW disk.
    2. You could create an answer file that includes all of the packages and the license key.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 7:08 PM
  • Hi, thank you for your replies!
    You could create an answer file that includes all of the packages and the license key.

Yes, but will I be able to run target/driver analyze from this DVD? Select templates?

I made a DVD with "full distribution share" - it's about 3GB in size. The DVD with "all packages" has only 2.25GB in size. So there's a lot of drivers (probably) missing.

What I ideally would like to have is a bootable copy of the runtime DVD that works like the original, but contains information about the product key. Is this possible? How?

Friday, August 5, 2011 8:33 AM
  • I'm not completly sure if this is possible (never tested).

your answerfile (autounattend.xml) which is located in the root of the dvd/usb drive should/could look like this.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:ew="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:embedded.unattend.internal.v1">
      <settings pass="windowsPE">
        <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
          <UserData>
            <ProductKey>
              <Key>XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX</Key>
              <WillShowUI>OnError</WillShowUI>
            </ProductKey>
          </UserData>
        </component>
      </settings>
    </unattend>

"Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    Friday, August 5, 2011 2:46 PM
  • Hi - thank you KNARZ for your answer. I will test it as soon as I'll be at work next work.

Friday, August 5, 2011 11:36 PM
  • Since all the drivers will be installed, there is no need to run tap.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Saturday, August 6, 2011 4:32 PM