Writing AddConfig() function while building a custom vc++ project wizard in VS2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to build a custom vc++ wizard and I wanted to change the default platform toolset of the application which is built using this wizard from v100 to v90. I also wanted to select say,masm build customization file using build customizations options for the application which would be build using my wizard. Can you please suggest me how I can go about selecting these and make other linker option changes programmatically in AddConfig function?

Also can you please suggest me a good guide which will help me write other customizations which I can use while creating wizards like make changes to VCConfiguration, Tools(VCCLCompilerTool ,VCLinkerTool).

Thanks,

Sridutt 

• Moved by Yi Feng Li Monday, January 24, 2011 8:06 AM Custom Wizard (From:Visual C++ General)
    Friday, January 21, 2011 1:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Sridutt,

Thanks for your post.

I suppose you'd like to add a custom wizard to VC project for modifying VCConfiguration, Tools(VCCLCompilerTool ,VCLinkerTool).

If so, I think you can check the following blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2007/03/28/custom-wizards.aspx

Which provide a tutorial for how to design and add wizard to VC projects.

If you have further questions on implementation, be free to let me know.

Ziwei Chen

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com

Ziwei Chen [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Victor_Chen Friday, January 28, 2011 9:51 AM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 8:17 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I am moving this thread from “Visual C++ General" forum to the “Visual Studio Extension" forum, since the issue is related to building a custom project wizard. There are more experts in the "Visual Studio Extension" forum.

Cheers,

YI

Yi Feng Li [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, January 24, 2011 8:05 AM
  • Hi Sridutt,

Thanks for your post.

I suppose you'd like to add a custom wizard to VC project for modifying VCConfiguration, Tools(VCCLCompilerTool ,VCLinkerTool).

If so, I think you can check the following blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2007/03/28/custom-wizards.aspx

Which provide a tutorial for how to design and add wizard to VC projects.

If you have further questions on implementation, be free to let me know.

Ziwei Chen

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com

Ziwei Chen [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by Victor_Chen Friday, January 28, 2011 9:51 AM
    Monday, January 24, 2011 8:17 AM
  • Hi Sridutt,

Is it resolved?

Ziwei Chen [MSFT]

Friday, January 28, 2011 9:51 AM
  • Hi Victor,

Sorry I couldn't revert back for long. However, the issue has been resolved. Thanks a lot.

Thanks,

Sridutt

Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:47 AM