none
Developing Windows Forms application With Working Date Limit RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I am developing Windows forms application with Expired date feature

EXAMPLE:  I have developed an application and i want to install that appliation only working for 10 days. The 11th day that application will not work. If I use current time during the installation time i can disabled that application on the 11th day. Suppose I change the Date in my system It won't work you know well. Thats why I am asking I need your help.

How to know whether the current system Date has been modified? 

If any sample codes are available?

Which place am going to write this Date limit coding?

If anyone know kindly advice me.

Regards

Siva N

• Moved by CoolDadTx Friday, August 17, 2018 2:08 PM Winforms related
    Friday, August 17, 2018 9:23 AM

Answers

• Unless using a professional product you will not be able to cover all bases to what a hacker may try. 

If that is not a path you want to take see the following.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Proposed as answer by Jianguo Wang Monday, August 20, 2018 7:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Siva Nainar Wednesday, August 29, 2018 6:04 AM
    Friday, August 17, 2018 10:52 AM
  • Hi JianGuo,

I have resolved my issue. 

When Application running every time it's Encrypt then Update Expiry DateTime & App Login DateTime into Registry.

Once update Every day it will compare with application login datetime & expiry datetime.

When ExpiryDate & LoginDate is Equal then I have stop updating DateTime into Registry.

So, above mentioned method based i have fixed this issue.

Thanks for Everyone.

Regards

Siva Nainar

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 6:02 AM

All replies

• Unless using a professional product you will not be able to cover all bases to what a hacker may try. 

If that is not a path you want to take see the following.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

• Proposed as answer by Jianguo Wang Monday, August 20, 2018 7:03 AM
    Friday, August 17, 2018 10:52 AM
  • HI,

Thank you for your information. I will work on as your information based.

If anything need i will contact to you.

Regards

Siva N

Friday, August 17, 2018 12:44 PM
  • Hi Siva Nainar,

Do you resolve the issue? If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Regards,

JianGuo

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 1:21 AM
  • Hi JianGuo,

I have resolved my issue. 

When Application running every time it's Encrypt then Update Expiry DateTime & App Login DateTime into Registry.

Once update Every day it will compare with application login datetime & expiry datetime.

When ExpiryDate & LoginDate is Equal then I have stop updating DateTime into Registry.

So, above mentioned method based i have fixed this issue.

Thanks for Everyone.

Regards

Siva Nainar

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 6:02 AM