[Awareness] Change in behavior when deleting a protected-server’s (MARS) or Backup management server’s (DPM/MABS) from the Vault RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Community,

Announcing a recent change in behavior to the Azure Backup service. This change impacts the way backed-up items are deleted from the vault.  

If you encounter the error below while attempting a deletion, perform one of the following to resolve (depending on your scenario).

1. Stop protecting a VM  - for Cloud scenarios (e.g. IaaS VM backup, AFS)

2. Delete backup items from management console - for On-premises scenarios (e.g. MARS, MABS, DPM-to-Azure)

deletion failed

If you are unable to perform the steps to delete backups from the management console, for example, due to unavailability of the server hosting the management console, contact Azure Support.

If you do not have a support plan, send mail to AzCommunity@microsoft.com including your subscription ID and a link to this post(for context) and we will assist you with engaging Azure Support.

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 10:15 AM

Answers

All replies

• This post was created for awareness purposes only. 
    Wednesday, June 26, 2019 10:25 AM
  • Hi Femisulu,

Thanks for this post!

I'm trying to delete a server and it's associated vault from the management console but I no longer have access to the server hosting the management console (MARS).

I have reached out to the email that you provided with a link to this thread and the subscription ID. Hopefully they can help!

Thanks

Mike

Friday, July 5, 2019 12:43 AM
  • Hi Michael, we've received your mail and will respond with next steps shortly. Please stay tuned for an update.
    Friday, July 5, 2019 6:58 PM
  • Hello Femisulu,

I am in the same position where I do not have access to the onprem server but would like to delete/purge my instance of Azure Backup.  Can you please help.

Thank you,

Kevin

Thursday, July 25, 2019 5:22 PM
  • Hi Kekim09,

Happy to help.

Are you able to contact support per guidance published above - also snipped below?

Friday, July 26, 2019 3:19 AM