The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Virtual Machines!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

SharePoint 2013 development using Azure VMs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,  I would like to rapidly create a SharePoint 2013 dev environment and I found an article that described how easy this was to do. The idea is that a vm in the Gallery: Visual Studio 2013 RC. has SharePoint and visual studio install and has a script library that will do all the configuration (on the desktop).

I can't spot that vm anywhere. Or is there any other VM which has both visual studio and SharePoint installed in it. Please help!!!
    Sunday, November 23, 2014 6:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can use SharePoint 2013 Trial image instead to have a try:

Planning for SharePoint 2013 on Azure Infrastructure Services

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn275958.aspx

Best regards,

Susie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 11, 2014 5:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You are correct, the image of Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate RC is not longer available. You can use Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate Update 4 instead since it also include Visual Studio 2013 and Sharepoint 2013 trial.

Best regards,

Susie

Monday, November 24, 2014 3:52 AM
  • Hi Susie,

I cant find the option that you have mentioned. May be because i don't have MSDN subscription. The following is the list of VM's that I can view:

1. Team Foundation Server 2013 Update 4.
    2. Visual Studio Community 2013.
    3. Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 Preview.

None of these VMs in their description talk about SharePoint development capability.

Regards,

Sajesh

Sunday, November 30, 2014 5:24 PM
  • Hi,

I am afraid that you are correct. It seems that image is available to MSDN subscriptions.

Best regards,

Susie

Monday, December 1, 2014 7:50 AM
  • hi,

So is there any way that i can create a  sharepoint development environment using Azure apart from having MSDN subscription.

Regards,

Sajesh 

Monday, December 1, 2014 4:08 PM
  • Hi,

You can use SharePoint 2013 Trial image instead to have a try:

Planning for SharePoint 2013 on Azure Infrastructure Services

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn275958.aspx

Best regards,

Susie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 11, 2014 5:11 AM
  • Hi Susie,

I have already tried with that SharePoint 2013 Trial image. But the problem is that in this trial image ther dont have Visual Studio installed. As I mentioned earlier I wanted an image for development in which both sharepoint 2013 and visual studio is installed.

Regards,

Sajesh

Regards, Sajesh

Friday, December 19, 2014 4:29 PM
  • Hi Sajesh,

I am sorry to say that it seems that only Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate Update 4 has both Sharepoint 2013 and Visual Studio installed. I recommend you to submit your requirement in the Azure feedback below, and maybe the new image would be released soon:

http://feedback.azure.com/forums/34192--general-feedback

Best regards,

Susie

Monday, December 22, 2014 2:01 AM