none
SharePoint 2013 workflows - changed behavior from 2010 to 2013 - send email action to a SharePoint group of users (non an AD one) - doesn't work- SharePoint designer 2013

Question

• Hello,

I have detected that in SharePoint 2013 flows the behavior of "send email" action has changed. I use the SharePoint designer 2103.

In 2010 when I try to send an email to a SharePoint group of users (not an Active Directory group) SharePoint resolves it with this format "email1 ; email2; email 3", the emails are of the members of the group.

If I do the same in a SharePoint 2013 flow SharePoint Online gives a blank space instead of the emails string so it doesn't work.

Has anybody find the same problem? How have you solve it?

In some cases a 2010 flow is valid but If I want a new feature (like a loop) of 2013 I can't.

I have try to make a 2013 flow call a 2010 flow (who only sends an email) but its behavior is the same.

Thank you,
    Wednesday, January 25, 2017 11:12 PM

All replies

• I recall this, there is two type of actions in Workflow to send an email. You need to use the correct action and then select the action to view properties. You need to set the property to do so.

Thanks, Ashish | Please mark a post helpful/answer if it is helpful or answer your query.

Thursday, January 26, 2017 2:12 AM
  • Hi,

How did you send email to SharePoint group in 2013 workflow? Please provide a screenshot about your workflow steps.

My SharePoint online site contains a group named “Dean Member”, I send email to this group in 2013 workflow and it works fine.

If you send email to a value of People and Group column, you can try to set return type as "Login Ids; Semicolon Delimited" and test again.

Related information for your reference:

http://mysharepointt.blogspot.sg/2013/11/send-email-to-multiple-person-or-group.html

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, January 26, 2017 7:32 AM
  • Hi LioSeR,

Is there any update? Do you send email to Person and Group column in designer workflow?

If my reply is helpful to you, you can mark as answer.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 1:15 PM